The Highline at Greensboro District Building is designed to minimize the risk of a general power failure resulting from causes within the building and provides emergency power for all Life Safety equipment in the building. We have a backup generator, which operates one elevator and provides emergency lighting throughout the tenant space and in the stairways. Typically, should a power failure occur, it will affect either an isolated area of the building or some larger portion of the area. In the event of an electrical failure, the following guidelines should be observed:
- Contact the Management Office by calling 703-226-2750.
- Open draperies and turn blinds to let in outside light. If there is adequate lighting from windows, continue performing assignments as well as possible.
- If you are instructed to evacuate, lock all areas.
- Do not congregate in lobby areas or in the street.
- If you are trapped in an elevator during a power failure, wait for assistance. Your elevators will cease operation, but WILL NOT FALL. Do not force open the doors or try to escape through the roof hatch. DO NOT PANIC.
- The Management Office will attempt to advise you regarding the length and cause of the power failure as soon as possible.
- The Management Office will inform you if we have to forward our telephone, and or other communications services elsewhere.